Strategy is just one piece of the investment puzzle. Execution of this strategy and getting the best possible fills, especially on large orders, is equally important. In the context of the portfolio, we execute orders with the utmost care using one, or a combination of the following:
· A range of order types including – market, limit, stop, stop limit, trailing, bracket
· Multiple time-in-force options such as – day, good-till-cancel, good-till-day, immediate-or-cancel, fill-or-kill, at-the-open, at-the-close
· Custom order properties – add custom information to an outgoing order message (e.g., broker-specific field, algorithm-related properties).
· Built-in execution algorithms allow you to gain better execution prices and minimize market visibility and impact (VWAP, Slicing, Target Position & Trailing Limit)
· Broker-side execution algorithms (VWAP, TWAP, Percent of Volume, Accumulate/Distribute)
· Custom execution algorithms
· Custom alerts and trade suggestions via email or text message, allowing manual confirmation of automatically generated signals
· Multi-account functionality with sub-accounts, managed accounts and fund accounts
· Place orders & record transactions manually
We understand the importance of both implicit and explicit transaction costs on performance and employ pre- and post-trade analysis. We utilize a variety of portfolio management strategies to access sources of liquidity to increase trade execution efficiency. We believe that implicit transaction costs, resulting from changes in liquidity and trading activity, can have a greater impact on return than explicit costs.
BAC never forgets or takes for granted the trust clients place in our capable hands. It is this that motivates us to employ regular risk mitigation techniques to preserve client investments and avoid capital depletion events.
Our up-front, fee-based structure ensures that all fees and motivations are made explicit before any transaction is made.
We monitor SEC filings, large shareholder and director purchases/sales, AAII sentiment reports and put/call ratios in each security we cover.